- Green Minute
- Green Campuses
- Green Media
- Contact Us
One of our most read Green Minute articles over the past six months has been the “Green Tips of the Day” provided by the Environmental Media Association. Many readers told us that they have forwarded these common sense tips to friends, family and colleagues. Below are some of The Green Register’s favorites:
- When stopping for coffee in the morning bring a reusable mug. Refills are cheaper & there’s no trash to throw away!
- Replace toxic home cleaners with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Lemons are also great for cleaning!
- Parents who pack a child’s lunch in disposable bags or containers generate 45 to 90 pounds of garbage every year. Help lighten that load with reusable lunch bags and food storage containers.
- One more reason to bring your own bag – the average American uses approximately 288 bags a year, or 22,000 in an average lifetime.
- Invest in a reusable water bottle. Doing so decreases the energy used in producing, transporting, & disposing plastic bottles.
As you can see, even small steps, such as using a reusable grocery bag, coffee mug, or lunch food container can truly make a difference.
by Pat Byington, Editor at The Green Register