Greenovation: CertainTeed Green Roofing
If you are looking for an innovative sustainable roofing company, check out CertainTeed from Pennsylvania.
CertainTeed Corporation is a leading North American manufacturer of sustainable roofing materials. Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, CertainTeed has approximately 6,000 employees and 65 facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
Here are some Green Facts about CertainTeed’s roofing products:
- Many CertainTeed roofing products are manufactured with pre- and post-consumer recycled content including slag, stone granules, corrugated mixed paper and sludge. The overall pre- and post-consumer recycled content of our roofing products is between 1-50%. Integrating these materials into our products reduces landfill waste and carbon emissions.
- CertainTeed diverts over 250,000 tons/year of slag, stone granules, corrugated mixed paper and sludge from landfills by recycling this material into our products.
- In addition to landfill waste reduction, the use of recycled materials in our products reduces the release of CO2 from the extraction and processing of virgin raw materials that are used to manufacture the roofing products.
- CertainTeed is committed to resource conservation. Our roofing manufacturing facilities recycle close to 90% of the production waste into asphalt materials used for the construction of roads. We also integrate recycled content into many of our packaging materials including corrugated rolls and kraft paper.
- CertainTeed produces both low- and steep-slope roofing products that help to reduce energy costs and overall CO2 emissions from buildings.
- Our white-granulated low-slope roofing products and our CoolStar™ membranes are ENERGY STAR® rated reflective roof surfaces that can help reduce peak cooling demand by 15%. CoolStar has a factory-applied white, acrylic-based coating which is highly reflective, helping to lower building cooling costs by reflecting the sun’s rays away from the building’s roof, which lowers rooftop and attic temperatures. It is available on fourteen of our roofing membranes (BUR, SBS and APP modified bitumen). CoolStar products exceed California Title 24 standards and are Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) certified.
- Landmark Solaris™ is a steep-slope solar, reflective roofing shingle which contains advanced colored granules that reflect the sun’s rays and can reduce a roof’s temperature by as much as 20%. These Energy Star shingles are rated by CRRC and meet California Title 24 requirements.
- Landmark™ Series shingles in silver birch and mist white and CertainTeed’s CT™20, XT™25 and XT™30 strip shingles in Star White are also ENERGY STAR qualified steep-slope roofing products meeting both solar reflectance and thermal emissivity requirements.
To learn more about CertainTeed ‘s sustainable roofing products visit certainteed.com.